Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not-so-uniform uniform

My daily fashion hasn't been too exciting this past week, seeing as I'd be volunteering at SXSW for the first four days of the week. However, although all the volunteers were required to wear their SXSW Staff t-shirts, I enjoyed making mine a little personal.


I know my legs look like they are all sort of blending together, my apologies. I'm really wearing navy shorts, grey leggings, and black boots. Speaking of which

I NEED NEW CUSHY BLACK BOOKS!

I bought these at F21 sophomore or junior year in high school and they have served me well. They are quite lovely, comfortable, and flattering. However they've been in various stages of falling apart since about 6 months after I bought them. It's a wonder they've held on this long!

Shirt - SXSW (free!)
Necklace - you can't see it very well but it's a tiny little orange Texas with a star on Austin. Very cute. Free from the New Media Fashion brunch swag bag ;]
Headscarf - SXSW (free!)
Shorts - Forever 21 $12.80
Leggings - Wal-Mart $5
Boots - Forever 21 $24

And while I'm on the topic of SXSW let me just say I had an absolute blast. Seriously. I realize that's pretty much the general consensus for anyone who went, but this was my first time and it's been so great. I loved volunteering, meeting new people, sitting in on interactive and film panels, hearing bands I've never heard, watching great movies, exploring Austin, eating lots of yummy food, and becoming generally inspired about my future. Wunderbar!

More detailed Southby post to follow including a SXSW photo haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails